Seattle Wine Blog

This blog is dedicated to commentary on all aspects of wine, especially short entries to help you find the best wines without the usual hype and spin. These are my frank, independent opinions, usually based on tasting wine at a public event, off the shelf or at the winery. "All creative acts must arise out of a specific soil and flicker with a spirit of place" -D.H. Lawrence

Thursday, November 24, 2005

I Bought The Whole Foods Thing

I went to Whole Foods to get some cheese and coffee. Instead I burnt a hole in my pocket buying wine. I told myself their wine department has become more sophisticated about marketing, but maybe it was just my compulsion to buy wine. Maybe it was the attraction of Tanya, the wine person ,or maybe the attractiveness of the wine itself. Maybe they have become more sophisticated since Melanie has been sent off to New York and other glamorous venues to set up more appealing wine departments.

Anyway, I came away with some nice French whites - 2004 Drouhin Saint Veran and 2003 Rully from Burgundy, 2004 Chateau Ducasse from Bordeaux (a Kermit Lynch Selection). I was also seduced by 2003 A to Z Oregon Pinot Noir and 2004 Syncline Subduction Red. I sure hope they're good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about seattle wine blog.