Seattle Wine Blog

This blog is dedicated to commentary on all aspects of wine, especially short entries to help you find the best wines without the usual hype and spin. These are my frank, independent opinions, usually based on tasting wine at a public event, off the shelf or at the winery. "All creative acts must arise out of a specific soil and flicker with a spirit of place" -D.H. Lawrence

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wine in New Hampshire

Well, after a month of travel on the east coast, I am finally back home. It's good to be back in the clouds of Seattle after the rain in Maine. I found some interesting wine shops in Maine and the State Liquor authority in New Hampshire offers an impressive array of wine in the Liquor Stores along I-95. Lots of interesting wine from Bordeaux, Burgundy, California, and all over the world. Washington wines are represented by the biggies - Ste. Michelle and Hogue. As soon as I get more settled, I will write more about Oregon and Ontario. Also, the 2005 Bordeaux futures are being offered and I will put in my two cents worth on that topic. Don't forget! The Northwest Wine Festival is coming August 5th and will be a great opportunity to taste over 210 Northwest wines including wine from some of the newest wineries. Check it out at: www.seattlewinesociety.org.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger Bimble said…

    Wow, you are really speaking my language. I too have heard about (and experienced, albeit once) the magic of Bordeaux 2005. However I also share your love of ROSE-AY, a particularly fantastic version of which is the wine that drew me to your site: Chinook Cabernet Franc 2006. I've not had other vintages of it, but it is divine! There is also another Cabernet Franc I like from Yakima Valley that is made by Tefft Cellars. I used to like White Merlot, but nowadays it's just not enough for me.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Gene Stein, Ph.D. said…

    Bimble, thanks for your comment. Yes, Chinook Cab Franc Rose is terrific. Isenhauer and Sagelands are two other Washington state wineries that have made great rose-ay! Gene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about seattle wine blog.