Seattle Wine Blog

This blog is dedicated to commentary on all aspects of wine, especially short entries to help you find the best wines without the usual hype and spin. These are my frank, independent opinions, usually based on tasting wine at a public event, off the shelf or at the winery. "All creative acts must arise out of a specific soil and flicker with a spirit of place" -D.H. Lawrence

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Great Summer Wine At A Great Price!

Here is a wine for all the rest of us non-multimillionaires.We found this 1999 Columbia Crest Cote du Columbia Grenache on sale at the state liquor store for only $4. This is a great picnic wine. Dark in color, fairly light in body, with good fruit flavors. Not in-your-face fruity, but easy to drink, this wine will go great with virtually any summer food. It was exceptional with prosciutto, but will go great with hamburgers, pizza, cold cuts, you name it. A state liquor store employee told me this wine is available in the system, but I'm not sure whether this is available at all liquor stores. Ask for Item # 456610.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger wild walla walla wine woman said…

    Oh no, my secret is out!
    I found it a couple of years ago at my local WA liquor store and bought four bottles (now down to one). I was really pleased to see this wine as I have been a fan of Grenache.

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Gene Stein, Ph.D. said…

    Catie, Thanks for your comment. You picked a real winner. Sorry I outed your secret. That makes two of us who like Grenache. Sshh! Don't tell!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about seattle wine blog.