Seattle Wine Blog

This blog is dedicated to commentary on all aspects of wine, especially short entries to help you find the best wines without the usual hype and spin. These are my frank, independent opinions, usually based on tasting wine at a public event, off the shelf or at the winery. "All creative acts must arise out of a specific soil and flicker with a spirit of place" -D.H. Lawrence

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Little Red Truck That Could

I knew I could, I knew I could, I knew I could said the little red truck as it huffed and puffed to a prominent place among relatively small production (200,000 cases) marketing successes. The little red marketer is Cline Cellars, better know for it's Zinfandels than little red trucks, but much of their income these days is coming from their new line of red and white truck wines and they are not bad. We had the 2004 Red Truck Red at Michelle and Matt's wedding and we were pleasantly surprised by it's complexity and flavor interest. Smooth, yes, slightly sweet and fruity, yes, but interesting nevertheless. Probably the interesting flavor profile comes from the blending of Syrah, Petite Syrah, Cabernet Franc, with touches of Mourvedre and Grenache thrown in. This is actually a real Rhone Ranger blend at a reasonable price (suggested price $11) available in supermarkets. I knew they could, I knew they could, I did?

2 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Gene Stein, Ph.D. said…

    Hey, Texas wineguy, thanks for your comment. Sounds like your son-in-law needs some Red Neck Red. You, on the other hand, seem to have figured out how to stay mellow in the most complex of situations - drink fine wine from Washington! By the way, do you know who bought the Red Truck from Cline?

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Gene Stein, Ph.D. said…

    Beaumont tx wineguy, I forgot to ask you what Washington wines you have in Texas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about seattle wine blog.