Seattle Wine Blog

This blog is dedicated to commentary on all aspects of wine, especially short entries to help you find the best wines without the usual hype and spin. These are my frank, independent opinions, usually based on tasting wine at a public event, off the shelf or at the winery. "All creative acts must arise out of a specific soil and flicker with a spirit of place" -D.H. Lawrence

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ghost of Woodinville

The Evil Twin didn't have a ghost of a chance of stopping the Bully from making "Ghost of 413." Winemakers Chris Gorman and Mark Ryan collaborated to create this beauty. Chris has a unique way of ageing wine, never mind the oak barrels, just roll out the barrels and bring in the rock band Ska. After one day of great vibes, Chris decided that the wine really rocked, so he stopped the band and closed up shop on Sunday. Lots of people travelling on Woodinville Passports were disappointed, but it was worth it. The wine hadn't given up the ghost, in fact, it took on a beautifully mellow expression, and while it has lots of fruit upfront, it is not some shallow fruitbomb. While it is mellow, it's not shallow. Wow! The Syrah is totally awesome at the price. The Ghost rocks!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger jeffdav said…

    I have to say I didn't like the Ghost. I didn't take notes, and I regret that now because I can't remember why I didn't like it. But I think there are better wines at that price point. Oh well. I'll have to try it once more just so I can remember why. Or maybe it'll be tasting better now.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Gene Stein, Ph.D. said…

    Hi jeffdav. Thanks for your comment. Check it out, again. Hope you're not having too much trouble adapting to the California sun:)
    Gene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about seattle wine blog.