Seattle Wine Blog

This blog is dedicated to commentary on all aspects of wine, especially short entries to help you find the best wines without the usual hype and spin. These are my frank, independent opinions, usually based on tasting wine at a public event, off the shelf or at the winery. "All creative acts must arise out of a specific soil and flicker with a spirit of place" -D.H. Lawrence

Monday, December 19, 2005

Mr. & Mrs. Blogg

So I'm standing in line in this wine store and, as I am wont to do, strike up a conversation with the couple in front of me. I tell them that I write the Seattle Wine Blog and she tells me that their last name is Blogg and that Blogg is just as ubiquitous in England as Smith is in the U.S. So there have been Bloggs in England for many years, way before the internet, perhaps dating as far back as Stonehenge. Interestingly, not every Jane or John Doe has heard about blogs, yet, or they have only the vaguest idea of what we are about. Blog means "joke" in French, so it's a good thing that Alder Yarrow, "grandfather" of the wine blog, will be representing the blogosphere at a conference of straight up print media types soon. No kidding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about seattle wine blog.