Seattle Wine Blog

This blog is dedicated to commentary on all aspects of wine, especially short entries to help you find the best wines without the usual hype and spin. These are my frank, independent opinions, usually based on tasting wine at a public event, off the shelf or at the winery. "All creative acts must arise out of a specific soil and flicker with a spirit of place" -D.H. Lawrence

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Pink Champagne

When I think of pink champagne I invariably think of Cold Duck of which I am not too fond, but there are some wonderful "Pink Champagnes" out there made from Pinot Noir. My friends Walter and Melinda surprised me for my birthday with a wonderful, dry Joseph Perrier Brut Rose - steely dry and slightly reminiscent of the best Provencal Rose. It was superb with the exquisite pear tart which, thankfully functioned as birthday cake. Another "Pink Champagne" which is more readily available is the Blanc de Noir from Chandon which is sometimes offered on sale at around $15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about seattle wine blog.