Seattle Wine Blog

This blog is dedicated to commentary on all aspects of wine, especially short entries to help you find the best wines without the usual hype and spin. These are my frank, independent opinions, usually based on tasting wine at a public event, off the shelf or at the winery. "All creative acts must arise out of a specific soil and flicker with a spirit of place" -D.H. Lawrence

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Wine & Art - Part II: Winedesignz

A couple of years ago, I was wandering around the farmer's market in Oakland and spied a sign that said Fine Wine Designz. Of course, I was curious so I moseyed over to chat with wine artist Manuel Barrios. The art was quite appealing in it's low-key Burgundy tones. My first question was: What kind of wine you use? Two buck chuck? Well, I hadn't meant to give offense, but Manuel seemed slightly peeved and patiently explained to me that each wine has not only different hues, but different qualities altogether. If I remember correctly, Manuel preferred Syrah for it's rich color and thicker body. To learn more about Manuel's wine art go to: www.winedesignz.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about seattle wine blog.